An updated knowledge of the environment represents an important part in defining the design and the realization of works and engineering infrastructures. More specifically, the orography is a key element in the design process, starting from the preliminary phases and feasibility studies.
Updated information about orography, slope and exposure set up the bases for a modern design, aiming at reducing the impact over the environment, optimizing the investments, reduce maintenance and management duties.
The availability of this kind of information, updated and accurate, is not always guaranteed in areas hardly reachable. Operating in this area performing ground surveys or using aerial sensors can be costly and difficult to realize.
The use of digital elevation models extracted from satellite images represents the optimal solution for a fast data procurement in all the situations in which it is essential to have accurate data for studies and project quickly, also in remote areas. Thanks to the technological improvement and the availability of very high resolution satellite images, the characteristic of 3D info extracted from satellite stereo pairs are comparable to the ones obtained from traditional aerial surveys.
Preciso® Zeta is a geo-informational product, derived from satellite images acquired in stereoscopic mode, capable to give updated and detailed information about the orography of wide areas.
Preciso® Zeta includes:
- DSM (Digital Surface Model), with varying resolutions according to user needs (from 1m to 5m of spatial resolution); possibility to require the DTM option (Digital Surface Model, i.e. the DSM without the heights corresponding to vegetation and human artifacts)
- Contour maps
- Satellite Orthoimages with 50 cm pixel resolution
Preciso® Zeta supports the preliminary and feasibility studies, the infrastructure monitoring and the study of the environment transformations.
- Infrastructures design support
- Environmental planning
- Environmental studies
- Managers and developers of works and infrastructures
- Fast data procurement
- Reduced costs with respect to traditional technologies
- Unlimited availability over the entire terrestrial surface
- Fast updating capacity
Download the article "Civil and Construction Workflows with EO data"
For further information, please write an email to info @planetek.gr